Whether you’re back at work, school, uni or whatever, chances are you’ve already lost that festive spirit by now. Check out these gigs for the week of 14-20 January to give you something to look forward to.
If you can only get to one gig this week:
Yes, we’re going to blow our own trumpet here. With Boyfromthecrowd, we’re hosting Live at the Dublin Castle in Camden on Friday 18 January, featuring music from Qualia Noir and Seven Red Lions. Music starts from 8.30.
The best of the rest:
- If you’re a bit further north on the 18th, you might want to get to the Garage in Glasgow for music from Uncle Acid and the Deadbeats, supported by Blood Ceremony. The tour also reaches Leeds, Newcastle, Belfast and Dublin this week.
- On the 17th, you can head to the Shacklewell Arms for music from Umoor Kiva, Porridge Radio, Jordan Cook (DJ set) and Great Dad.
- Jordan Cook pops up again at the Social on the 18th to host his first delinquent disco of the year. Also features a live set from garage trio The Shadracks.
- Rock Against Racism are having a fundraiser on the 19th in Birmingham with music from a host of punk performers, including Rich Gulag, The Mannequin Factory and Thatcher’s Brother.
- Get to the Monarch in Camden on the 17th for some fierce women in the form of HAWXX, Yur Mum and the amazingly-named Tokyo SexWail.